Going from THIS
Can be made in PS7 and PSP8
1. Create a base ~ I started with this cap
made by my good friend, Deeboy, and resized it to 200x200. Then I opened a new 100 x 100 transparent box, and copied/moved my resized image onto it. I used the move tool to push it around to where I like and then Merge Flatten.
2. Duplicate and set the new copy to Screen 80%
3. Duplicate the base and move it above the screened layer and set to Hard Light 100%
4. Staying on the Hard Light layer - Sharpen it and soften using your preferred means – I use a Xero Plugin called Improver, Set on 5, 20, 5 *(see how to get it below)
5. Merge Flatten and at this point I have this
** Disclaimer for images, textures, brushes, etc. – I’ve collected a lot of these over the past year or so, and have no idea what belongs to who/whom. If you see something that you created, or know who created it, let me know and I’ll give proper credit.
6. Add this Dark Blue Gradient
set to Exclusion 100%
7. Add this CreamyLavender Texture
set to (PS7=Color Burn)(PSP8=Burn) at 100%
8. Add a new layer and flood fill it with a medium pink, #ff9999, set to Soft Light 35%
9. No offense to the photographer in this pic, but I only want Shiri. So I add a new layer, and cover the photographer with Black #000000. If using PS7 choose the default spatter brush 24, if using PSP8, choose the Dry Brush, size 50, both in Opacity 100. If you get a little of the black on Shiri, just erase it.
10. Add this smokey image
and set to Screen 100%. Slide it over to the left just a little bit, which will leave a black stripe down the right side, like this
Then use the Smudge Tool, Size 19, Mode Lighten, Opacity 50, and pull the gray over the black stripe to extend the grayness. (I hope that made sense) SmudgeExample
11. Add this copper/light gradient,
set to Hard Light 85%
12. Add this gray box
and set to (PS7=Color Burn)(PSP8=Burn) at 100%
13. If you like, add some text. (I used PSP8 for this step) I wrote Shiri in color #FEE6BC using Enviro font in size 11.
And you’re done…
For the second variation – just delete Steps 6’s Exclusion layer; Change Step 11’s copper gradient to Color(in PS7) or Color Legacy (in PSP8) 85%; then change Step 12’s gray box to Overlay 100%; last, add this brush
in color #6B291B, set to Hard Light 30%
* The Xero plugins, which include the “Improver” I used (it’s a part of Set 2), are available here
for free download. Just scroll near the bottom of the page to download.